Spring is a time when it feels like we have all just woken up out of a deep slumber. I am always intrigued each spring by flowers, and new growth. It never fails to lift my spirits.
I thought I’d take the opportunity to list my favourite parts of spring and what makes this time of year so special. I encourage everyone to comment and let me know what their favourite thing is about spring!
1. Bulbs. The first crocus peeping through snow, those fresh green shoots. They always make me happy, as they never fail to push through the remaining snow to make their presence known.
2. Colours. The colours of spring are bright, cheery, light hearted. Pastels, sunlight, and rain.
3. Bringing spring in. By this I mean fresh flowers (like the ones in the picture above) in a living room put everyone in a better mood.
4. Smells. What’s this delicious smell you speak of? After a long winter, the smell of earth and grass is welcome. It brings back memories of what’s to come (aka summer).
5. …you tell me! Let me know what your favourite thing about spring is!
-xoxo, a spring lover